Wednesday, September 14

A few verses that helped my heart...

After visiting the Casa Refugio and hearing the stories of fathers, stepfathers, brothers and stepbrothers who rape the young girls in their own family, I was overwhelmed by the severe selfishness and wickedness of men so cruel. The fact that the men in the family impregnate the young girls (some as young as 11 years old) and leave them to fend for themselves and the baby makes me sick to my stomach. After praying a lot and crying many tears, God showed me tons of verses about His promises of justice and providing a refuge for the afflicted. I thought I'd share a few of them with you!

"God is mighty, but does not despise men; he is mighty, and firm in his purpose. He does not keep the wicked alive but gives the afflicted their rights... Those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction." -Job 36:5-6, 15

"'Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise,' says the Lord. 'I will protect them from those who malign them.' ... O Lord, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever." -Psalm 12:5, 7

"When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to the evildoers." -Proverbs 21:15

"The salvation of the righteous come from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him." -Psalm 37:40

There are plenty more, of course, but I hope these few verses comfort you as they did me!

1 comment:

  1. If you look at "When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to the evildoers." -Proverbs 21:15, I think this is reflected through the reactions on Facebook and the faces of those kids. Team HOPE is bringing joy to the righteous for sure.

    ReplyDelete